In this role you are responsible for the corporate SHE, this means the SHE expert is responsible for law and regulations, supporting the SHE advisors and coordinators. You are not working at just one project, but you are working with different projects at the same time. Your team members know to find you for all their questions about Safety Health and Environment. You also work on different topics to implement at Tennet, for example waste management and fire protection.
Activities / tasks:
As a strategic Safety, Health and Environment expert Offshore you:
- Prepare cross-area regulations, reports, procedures and concepts to ensure SHE compliance for a top class safety culture and to drive Safety, Health and Environment Excellence including ensuring a proactive communication;
- Provide transparency on SHE performance of projects and operations;
- Share best practices and lessons learned and you propose improvement measures;
- Support Project Directors, Area Managers and the Management Team ensuring the implantation and compliance of legal and company-specific regulations;
Valid for the Netherlands:
- provide expert knowledge in one or more of the following professional disciplines including expert knowledge of the national Dutch valid laws and regulations (please clearly stated your expert knowledge in your application): waste management, dangerous goods and hazardous substances, fire protection, emission and water protection, contractor management
Requirements / nice-to-haves:
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree in Safety and Security Management, Safety or Environmental Technology, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or comparable;
- You are highly passionated regarding Safety, Health and Environment (HSE is in your heart and your mind);
- You are a strategic thinker with hands-on mentality, consequently you have the ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of Topics;
- You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated and you take responsibility and ownership;
- You have several years of experience working in the Offshore/martime surrounding;
- You have experience with offshore health, safety and environment management systems (ISO 14001 and/or 45001) as well as experience in one of the above mentioned professional disciplines;
- You have experience in preparation of SHE procedures and/or contractual requirements;
- You have knowledge of the national Dutch or German regulations regarding above mentioned professional disciplines;
- You are a team player contribution to an exceptional team cohesion of a corporate team;
- You are willing to travel;
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing, as well as in one other further language, either Dutch or German (pending on above mentioned professional disciplines);
- You have a strong willingness to learn and change.
TenneT is not looking for a candidate with mainly operational experience (on site / offshore). For this position TenneT is looking for a candidate who will be responsible for the corporate SHE aspects (compliance, support the operational SHE colleagues on the field of compliance, etc.). The candidate is not responsible for one project, but he/she will be the first point of contact for several projects. On a strategic level the candidate will work on cases like waste management, fire protection, etc (implementations). Bachelor degree or higher is required. Unfortunately a freelancer is not an option for this position (intention is a temp to perm construction).
Info over het bedrijf
TenneT is a leading European electricity transmission system operator (TSO) with its main activities in the Netherlands and Germany. With over 23,500 kilometres of high-voltage connections we ensure a secure supply of electricity to 42 million end-users. We employ almost 5,000 people and have a turnover of EUR 4.1 billion. TenneT is one of Europe’s major investors in national and cross-border grid connections on land and at sea, bringing together the Northwest European energy markets and driving the energy transition. The energy transition is one of the most impactful challenges facing society and energy supply. After a period of strong growth and as a key player in the energy market, TenneT is also restructuring to be prepared for its pivotal role in the energy transition.